Discovery Loss Prevention Services Privacy Statement
We know that your personal information is extremely confidential. We recognize that you have an interest in how we collect, retain, and use information about you and your business relationship with us. Because of our interest in protecting your privacy, we have adopted the following privacy principles, continuing our commitment to you – our valued customers.
Protecting the Confidentiality of Customer Information
We take our responsibility to protect the privacy and confidentiality of customer information very seriously. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to store and secure information about you from unauthorized access, alteration and destruction.
At DLPS, any employee access to customer’s information is authorized for business purposes only and is based on the sensitivity of the information that our employees or agents need to know. Background checks on all employees and thorough training in confidentiality and customer privacy ensure that our employees are committed to keeping your personal information safe and secure.
From time to time, we enter into agreements with other companies to provide services to us or make products and services available to you. Under these agreements, these companies may receive information about you, but they must safeguard this information and may not use the information for any other purpose. We require third-party business partners to agree contractually to comply with privacy laws in order to do business with DLPA.
Information We Have About You
In order to service your account, comply with government regulations, and improve our product and services, DLPS collects information about you from the following sources:
- Directly from you, on forms and documents, via the internet when you visit our website, by telephone, and other forms of communication.
- Form transactions with us, our affiliates, or with others.
- From third-party vendors.
Information We Share
- Your name, address, and phone number as it only pertains to current investigations.
- Your other personal information to various state and federal agencies.
- General account information as is pertains to collection, etc.
How DLPS Uses This Information
We may share all of the information we collect as described below for the following purposes. We will never sell your information to marketing companies, advertising companies, etc.
- To provide you with various products and services.
- To offer you additional products and services from us or from others that may be of interest to you or your company.
- To comply with reporting and other legal requirements.
- To otherwise conduct business and servicing needs on your account.
- We maintain a strict standard to the Fair Credit Reporting Act as it defines the collection and destruction of data pertaining to the pre-employment background screening sector.
How We Keep Information Secure
In addition, we have implemented extensive administrative, technical and physical safeguards, and internal controls for carefully handling your information including limiting access to central facilities through the use of security systems and auditing company security practices.
Accuracy and the Right to Correct
We continually strive to maintain complete and accurate information about you and your account. Should you ever believe that our records contain inaccurate or incomplete information about you, please notify us. We will investigate your concerns and correct any inaccuracies. We maintain the highest standards regarding Fair Credit Reporting Act compliance.
How DLPS Uses Browser Cookies
At DLPS, we do not use browser cookies in any way. You may turn off cookies by setting your browser accordingly.